Friday, May 13, 2011

Overcoming my Fears

Sorry it's been so long since my last post -______- I've had a lot going on lately. Coming home from school, unpacking, applying for jobs, and the like. Hopefully I will find a source of income prontissimo, because gas prices are out the yin yang this summer.

However, my true reason for this entry is to talk about overcoming our fears. To start this off, I went to Busch Gardens today with an amazing friend of mine; she and I had an absolute BLAST. Thank the Lord for Fun passes, because I'd be broke due to a Busch Gardens addiction. Growing up, I had an extreme fear of heights, and refused to ride anything that went higher than the roof of my house. This resulted in many boring rides on the Scooby Doo Ghoster Coaster while the rest of my family and friends went on REAL rides.

Well, today, I, Zachary Paul  Dickerson, went on EVERY single rollercoaster the park had to offer. Scared pantsless, I even rode front row. I've learned that sometimes the best way to overcome one's fears is to deal with them face to face; in other words, to just experience them in the worst way possible. In this sense, we can see them as nothing bad, but rather challenges that life has set out for us to conquer.

Which brings me to my final thought: the fear of the unknown. Sometimes you have to take the plunge. You never know what might happen. You can scream, you can cry, you can laugh, you might die (slash just kidding, I needed a rhyme). But when something feels "right" just go with it, no matter what. If you want it, you got it. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment