Monday, January 9, 2012

Mas Veggies Por Favor

Taking a college wellness over interterm has really taught me a lot so far. One of our first assignments was to make a behavior change plan. It took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to change most, but it came down to making the transition from vegetarian to vegan. I've been a vegetarian for more than two years now, and let me tell you, it's been quite the journey. I've learned a lot about choosing more healthy options, and putting my health first. Considering my heart is messed up as it is, I need to do everything I can to keep it healthy. If I start cutting out all the cheese that I eat (believe me, I can put down some cheese), I can keep my heart in even better health. Hopefully, this will help me in my quest for a better me.

Part of this quest has involved a lot of spiritual growth. I've never felt more close in my relationship to God than I have this year, and that is the most amazing thing ever. Though none of y'all will probably ever read this, I'd like to stop and say thanks to Jennifer, the Zachs, Jon, Beau, Abe, and so many more. You know who you are, but you'll never know how much I appreciate and love you all.

Hopefully, through this journey, I'll be obtaining a better body. When I can get to the point when I can look in the mirror and not cringe, that's success. We can't choose the bodies we are born with, but sure can choose what to do with them. I think the overall theme here is that our bodies are God's temple, and my goal is to make His temple stronger and filled with more of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment